27 Sep Vegetable Frittata For Kids Natural Health
This delicious meat free meal is easy to make and a great way to get extra veggies into your child’s diet. It’s also high in protein to support your healthy child’s growth and development.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 ½ cups peas (can be frozen)
- 6 eggs
- 1 handful spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- ½ cup good quality cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 220oC. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, cheese, cumin and seasoning.
- Heat oil in a cast iron or heavy based frying pan, add the onion and garlic and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Add the capsicum and carrot and cook for a further minute. Add the spinach leaves and cook for a further minute. Stir in the peas.
- Whisk up the eggs again before pouring the mixture over the vegetables while still in the frying pan. Stir briefly to distribute the mixture evenly across the pan.
- Cook on the stove top for 2 minutes. Just until the edge of the frittata has turned lighter in colour.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, ideally, you should take the frittata out of the oven when the middle still slightly jiggles.
- Cool in the pan for 5 mins and then slice and serve.
Recipe created by Fiona Stock, Children’s Naturopath for Healthy Kids – Naturopath in Melbourne.
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN’S NATURAL HEALTH
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Children’s Health | Melbourne Naturopath
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.