14 Sep Muesli Bars For Healthy Children
These crunchy slices of goodness are the perfect snack and incredibly easy to make and serve healthy children. The addition of the hint of cinnamon alongside the nuttiness offered by the muesli makes these irresistible.
- 3 cups muesli
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 160oC (325oF).
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients until mixed through.
- Spoon into a baking tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into bars.
Makes: 14 bars
Fiona’s Tip: This recipe can be adapted to suite your healthy child’s tastes buds by using their favourite muesli breakfast cereal.
Recipe created by Fiona Stock, Children’s Naturopath for Healthy Kids – Naturopath in Melbourne.