06 Sep Children’s Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) – Signs & Symptoms
Children’s Autism is a very complex disorder involving a series of neurodevelopmental disorders characterised by repetitive behaviours, social withdrawal and communication deficits.
These children have significant impairments in social interaction, social skills and communication. There are two subtypes of autism: (a) Regressive autism; this is where a child develops normally but between the ages of 12 months to 3 years old 30 starts to loose speech and social skills. (b) Infantile autism; where a child doesn’t reach their developmental milestones.
Signs & symptoms of Childhood Autism include:
- ✅ Appears not to hear when spoken to
- ✅ Has trouble expressing feelings
- ✅ Doesn’t know how to connect with others
- ✅ Doesn’t want to be touched, held or cuddled
- ✅ Repeats the same words over and over
- ✅ Responds to questions by repeating it rather than answering it
- ✅ Has difficulty communicating needs
- ✅ Avoids eye contact
- ✅ Makes few gestures when talking e.g. pointing
- ✅ Hand flapping
- ✅ Rocking backwards and forwards
- ✅ Flicking the light switch on and off
- ✅ Head banging
- ✅ Tapping ears
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN’S NATURAL HEALTH
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact email@example.com. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Children’s Health | Melbourne Naturopath
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…