20 Aug Pantry & Fridge Staples For Healthy Kids
The easiest way to prepare your family a delicious, simple and nourishing meal is to have a well-stocked pantry.
It’s easy to whip up a nutritious meal without using packet sauces. It’s satisfying and inexpensive to make a salad dressing from scratch or a quick snack when you have the basics on hand. Stocking up on everything all at once can be expensive, so buy 1 or 2 things each week.
Here’s a list of my pantry basics, the top 5 are the ones I recommend you start with.
My Top 5 ingredients
- Good quality celtic sea salt (greyish in colour) .
- Raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- Extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- Extra virgin organic coconut oil
- Organic balsamic vinegar
- ✅ A good quality water filter and remineraliser
- ✅ Unhulled tahini
- ✅ Organic, free range eggs
- ✅ Raw nuts and seeds (cashews, almonds, sesame seeds etc)
- ✅ Red / brown onions
- ✅ Fresh garlic bulbs
- ✅ Organic preservative free shredded coconut
- ✅ Grass fed gelatin powder (gels) and / or collagen powder (doesn’t gel)
- ✅ Preservative / additive free coconut cream
Herbs and spices (organic)
- ✅ Black pepper (whole – for freshness of flavour) in a grinder
- ✅ Turmeric
- ✅ Cinnamon
- ✅ Bay leaves
- ✅ Cardamon pods
- ✅ Cumin powder & seeds
- ✅ Nutmeg powder
- ✅ Oregano
- ✅ Basil
- ✅ Sage
In the Fridge
- ✅ Leafy greens
- ✅ Broccoli, cauliflower
- ✅ Fermented veggies
- ✅ Organic / grass fed meat
- ✅ Organic chicken (or free-range)
- ✅ Organic free-range eggs
- ✅ Kultured Wellness Starter cultures for making coconut yoghurt and water kefir.
In the freezer:
- ✅ Organic berries
- ✅ Organic liver and homemade pate
- ✅ Organic pasture raised meats
- ✅ Wild caught seafood
- ✅ Portions of leftover meals
- ✅ Portions of bone broth (broth ice cubes / cups / 500ml are good size portions).
In the Garden or Pot Plants
- ✅ Your choice of easy to grow fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, lemon balm, mint, coriander, basil, oregano, chives, sage, kaffir lime, parlsey, chilli.
- ✅ Easy to grow leafy greens like lemon sorrel and rocket
With pantry basics like that, your day to day life in the kitchen will be a whole heap simpler. Enjoy!
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning – Building Healthier Kids
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.