13 Jul Gut Healing – Coconut Jelly
Your child won’t be able to resists these divine little gut healing jellies. They taste like velvety cream and too good to resist.
Gelatine Restores Gut health
Gelatine is derived from collagen and has important health benefits, especially when it comes to improving gut health to support optimal brain function and a robust immune system. Collagen is the most plentiful form of protein and is found most abundantly in the body’s skin, bones, tendons and ligaments. It provides strength and structure to tissues and increases flexibility to skin and strength to the tendons. Getting enough collagen in our diets is difficult because it’s generally found in unpalatable parts of the animal that we do longer eat.
Luckily gelatine can be extracted from bones and meat and is processed to produce a substance called collagen hydrolysate, which contains the same healing and restorative properties as its original form. This is available to purchase as a supplement in powder form and dissolves in water to take on a jelly-like texture when it cools. It is odourless and colourless and has no taste so it’s perfect for making delicious jelly for treats and desserts at home.
Benefits of Gelatine
- ✅ Supports brain function
- ✅ Improves joint and bone health
- ✅ Improves skin health
- ✅ Supports hair structure and thickness
- ✅ Improves mental health
- ✅ Improves quality of sleep
- ✅ Assists with weight loss
Coconut Gummies Recipe
4 tablespoon grass-fed gelatine powder (Great Lakes – Red Container)
1/3 cup water
3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
270 gram can coconut milk or cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon raw honey
4 tablespoons desiccated coconut
3 capsules of probiotics (broken open)
- In a medium sized bowl, add the water and gelatin and whisk until dissolved.
- Mix the other ingredients together in a saucepan and bring the mix to nearly boiling point (don’t boil).
- The gelatin mix may have begun to set, if so, mix it with a folk to break it up so it dissolves when the hot coconut mix is added.
- Pour the gelatin over the coconut cream mix and whisk until there are no lumps. (If you notice clumping, gently reheat the mixture again and keep whisking until smooth).
- Pour into either your gummy mould, ice-cube tray or flat dish (no need to grease).
- If adding probiotic powder, leave the gummies to cool for 10 minutes and sprinkle with probiotic powder from the capsules and then refrigerate for 3 hours until set.
- Pop the gummies from their moulds and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Fiona’s Tip: Natural gelatin made from grass-fed animals has the ability to heal and seal the gut wall. The natural kind of gelatin (NOT the standard supermarket jelly or jell-0)! Contains a protein called collagen which has the restorative powers to heal the gut wall.
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact email@example.com. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Children’s Health | Melbourne Naturopath
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…