25 Jul Children’s Food intolerance
Children’s food intolerances or sensitivities are a common condition that impact children’s health – they are essentially a chemical reaction in the gut. Unlike children’s food allergies, they aren’t life-threatening however their symptoms may be similar. Children’s food intolerances can be very problematic for those kids affected.
Children’s food intolerances can be difficult to identify
Identifying which food is causing your children’s food intolerance can be difficult because of the following factors.
- Symptoms can appear within a few hours of eating the food that is triggering the reaction. But the symptoms can also be delayed by up to 48 hours.
- Symptoms can last for hours or even days, making the offending food difficult to pinpoint to a specific meal.
- If the offending food is frequently consumed, it can be difficult to correlate the trigger food to the symptom.
- While children’s food intolerance symptoms vary, they mostly involve the gut, skin and respiratory system.
Common Foods that cause reactions
The foods listed below are some of the most common foods to cause reactions.
- ✅Dairy (cheese, milk, butter, yoghurt)
- ✅Food Additives (found in processed food)
- ✅Citrus fruit
- ✅Fructose Malabsorption (FODMAPs)
Signs & Symptoms of Children’s food intolerances
Children’s food intolerances and sensitivities can be hard to diagnose due to their wide range of symptoms.
- ✅Tummy aches or pains
- ✅Bloating and distended tummy
- ✅Dark circles under the eyes
- ✅Behavioural changes
- ✅Rapid breathing
- ✅Burning sensation on the skin
Food & Symptom Diary
To help you identify if a children’s food intolerance is an underlying cause of your child’s symptom. Download a free copy of my Food and Symptom Diary from the Resource section of this website.
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact email@example.com. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Children’s Health | Melbourne Naturopath
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.