20 Jul Baby Bone Broth
Baby bone broth is the perfect medicine to help nurture and restore your baby’s gut health and is especially important if they were born by C-section or have had a course of antibiotics.
Baby bone broth is to enjoy from the age of 4 to 6+ months. Baby bone broth is a healthy addition to just about everything you feed your infant. Add one or two tablespoons of broth to food such as veggie purees, soups, scrambled eggs, meat puree and sauce or add a sneaky mouthful to their bottle. Prepare broth regularly and always have it on hand in the freezer because it’s the perfect nourishing addition to every meal.
- 1 whole free-range or organic chicken or 2 kg chicken carcasses
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 celery sticks, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 zucchinis, coarsely chopped
- 1 sweet potato, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Filtered water, sufficient to cover
- Brown the bones in a large saucepan with coconut oil – browning adds extra flavour (optional).
- Place bones in a slow cooker or large saucepan.
- Add the chopped veggies, the apple cider vinegar which helps to draw the minerals from the bones and enough filtered water to cover all ingredients.
- Bring to the boil and skim the foamy bits off that come to the surface.
- Reduce the heat and allow the broth to simmer for the next 6 to 12 hours (a slow cooker works best). The longer the broth cooks the more nutrients are drawn from the bones.
- At intervals continue to skim the surface using a large spoon.
- Once cooked, allow to cool and strain through a sieve.
- For easy portions sizes, pour the broth into silicon moulds ice-cube trays ready for the freezer.
- The broth will keep in the fridge for 4 days and frozen for up to 3 months.
HEALTHY Baby TIP
- Substitute chicken bone for beef or lamb bones.
- After roast chicken, freeze the leftover carcass. When you have 2 or 3 frozen carcasses, use these to make your next broth.
- Don’t reheat broth in the microwave. It destroys the precious nutrients content.
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Healthy Baby | Children’s Health Class
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…