06 Nov 70 Bento Box Tips For Healthy Children
There are hundreds of food variations available when packing a bento box. However, it can sometimes be difficult to decide which foods are healthy choices. These are some of our suggestions.
70 Bento Box Suggestions For Healthy Children’s Lunch
|70 Bento Box Suggestions|
|Carrot sticks||Pineapple||Green peas||Cherry tomatoes||Corn kernals|
|Tiny cucumbers||Corn kernels||Natural corn chips||Olives||Corn fritters|
|Grapes||Grated cheese||Bocconcini||Cottage cheese||Fetta cubes|
|Coconut yoghurt||Rice crackers||Lamb rissoles||Tortilla chips||Noodles|
|Apricots||Sushi||Rice paper rolls||Beetroot dip||Humus|
|Tuna||Meat balls||Boiled egg||Pumpkin seeds||BBQ chicken|
|Mashed vegies||Olives||Chicken wings||Chicken drumsticks||Corn fritters|
|Chicken balls||Cheese squares||Blueberries||Raspberries||Fried rice|
|French toast||Quiche||Oat biscuits||Wraps||Orange portions|
|Zucchini fritters||Poached chicken||Bliss balls||Banana*||Museli|
|Rice crackers||Avocado*||Apple*||Celery sticks||Tuna Patties|
|Roast beef||Smoked salmon||Cream cheese||Falafel||Chicken rissoles|
|Pea fritters||Corn muffins||Bacon & zucchini slice||Leek & potato patties||Popcorn|
Benefits of the Bento Box
The bento box is very popular with kids because they can take control of what gets included for their lunch.
- ✅ Encourage your child to choose food for their lunchbox so they feel empowered about what they are eating, plus they are more likely to eat it.
- ✅ Praise them when they make healthy choices.
- ✅ It can be easier than you think adding vegies without them realising. Try adding grated carrot, chopped up vegies or cherry tomatoes.
- ✅ Prepare lunch the night before, thaw portions overnight in the fridge so it’s all ready for the morning.
- ✅ Get the kids in the kitchen. I know it can feel like the last thing you need at the end of a long day. If they help with the preparation and cooking of meals they will develop an interest in fruit and vegies and want to eat them if they helped with process.
- ✅ Shape fruit and cheese using cookie cutters.
- ✅ Make fruit kebabs.
- ✅ Use silicon cupcake patties to hold dips, yoghurt and fruit portions.
- ✅ Always have their bento box/lunchbox on the bench while preparing dinner, makes it easy to add as you go.
- ✅ They are great for the environment because of less packaging of meals.
- ✅ Budget friendly, buying in bigger items instead of the more expensive ‘snack-packs’.