01 Jun 6 Ways to Boost your Child’s Immune System
If you want to boost your child’s immune system to help their body fight off illnesses. Follow these lifestyle and dietary changes to strengthen their immunity naturally.
Plenty of sleep
Not getting enough sleep is linked to a higher susceptibility of catching bacterial and viral infections. Adequate rest helps to strengthen the immune system naturally and if your child is sick they may need extra. If your child is having trouble sleeping ensure they have a regular nighttime routine such as warm bath, reading a book and are away from screens for 2 hours before bedtime.
Eat more plant foods
The best plant foods include fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds and legumes. These are not only rich in nutrients to support the immune system. They are also high in fibre – a favourite food source for the friendly bacteria living in the gut. These microbes are essential for healthy immunity and work hand-in-hand with the immune system to fight off infections.
Healthy fats such as the Omega-3 essential fatty acids help to boost immunity and have anti-inflammatory properties. They are found in fatty fish, nuts, chia seeds, seeds good quality oils such as olive oil. These oils help to boost the body’s immune response to fighting off infections.
Fermented Foods and drinks
Fermented foods are naturally rich in friendly bacteria, called probiotics, These help to populate the gut with bacteria which naturally supports a robust immune system. Fermented foods that children may enjoy includes milk or coconut water kefir, natural yoghurt, tempeh and miso.
Moderate exercise can boost the effectiveness of the immune system and help the immune cells to regenerate themselves. The best forms or exercise include riding a bike, sports, swimming, dancing and playing games outdoors that involves running around.
The following supplements may help to strengthen your child’s general immune response.
- Vitamin C – A powerful antioxidant that can strengthen your child’s natural defences.
- Vitamin D – Required for optimal immune function and a deficiency may increase your child’s chances of getting sick.
- Zinc – A mineral that supports healthy immunity.
- Elderberry – A powerful immune booster.
- Probiotics – Supports the bacteria living in the gut.
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN’S NATURAL HEALTH
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Children’s Health | Melbourne Naturopath
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…