01 Nov 5 Children’s Nutritionist Approved Dietary Tips
Posted at 00:40h in Healthy Eating 0 Comments
Include protein rich foods in each meal or snack
- ✅ Protein helps to regulate your child’s appetite and keep them feeling full for longer periods of time.
- ✅ Protein protects your muscle tissue and gives additional energy for fun and games.
- ✅ Protein foods include fish, seafood, poultry, meat, eggs, dairy, soy and legumes.
- ✅ Include one palm size portion of protein per meal and increase to two palms of tofu and tempeh.
Children’s Nutritionist Approved Carbohydrates
- ✅ Starch carbohydrates have a high glycaemic index (GI) and other less valuable nutrients to the body.
- ✅ Bread, rice, past and cereals should be kept so two small servings per day, each providing approximately 30gm of carhohydrates.
The best Vegetables for Kids Health
- ✅ Fresh vegetables provide nutrients to help your child’s body.
- ✅ It is important to have a minimum of three ups per day to reap the antioxidant, vitamin and mineral rewards that fresh vegetables offer.
- ✅ Choose certified organic or spray free produce if possible.
Fruit for Healthy Kids
- ✅ Eat minimum of two pieces or one cup of fruit every day.
- ✅ Fruit offers the rainbow of nutrients.
- ✅ Once cup of fruit per day adds nutrients to the nutrient boost from your vegetables.
Nuts and Seeds
- ✅ Your child’s body needs essential fats every day for healthy joints, heart and brain function.
- ✅ The best sources to choose from are cold pressed oils such as olive and macadamia oil, as well as common nuts and seeds (almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and pepitas).
- ✅ Use about two tablespoons of oil per day, cooking and salad, along with a small handful or 1/4 cup of nuts and seeds.
Brisbane Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Brisbane
Adelaide Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Adelaide
Sydney Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Sydney
Perth Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Perth
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.