05 Aug 14 tips To Allergy-Proof Your Environment
If your child is reactive to environmental allergens such as pollen, dust and animal fur; implementing a few simple strategies at home can significantly reduce their symptoms. While avoiding environmental triggers entirely can be difficult, limiting their exposure to airborne particles while avoiding food triggers will help the immune system to rest and is important when improving your immune tolerance threshold.
Tips to reduce exposure to environmental triggers
1. Encase pillows and mattresses in dust mite proof covers.
2. Invest in hypoallergenic bedding.
3. Wash your bedding at least once a week in heated water (over 54 degrees) with nonallergenic detergents.
4. Vacuum once or twice a week using a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter.
5. Wear a facemask when sweeping, vacuuming, mowing or dusting, to limit your exposure to inhaled allergens that may be stirred up.
6. Close windows during pollen season and wind up car windows when driving.
7. Wet dust to help reduce inhaled dust that has been stirred up.
8. Filter the air in the house – cover air conditioning vents with cheesecloth or a HEPA filter to help trap allergens.
9. Install dehumidifiers to keep the humidity below 50% to help prevent mould growth.
10. Avoid areas where mould can collect.
11. Limit the number of rugs in your home to reduce dust and mould. Make sure you clean and air any rugs you do have regularly.
12. If you have pets, consider keeping them outside.
13. Avoid smoking and smokers.
14. Use the exhaust fan over your stove to reduce exposure to cooking fumes.
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN’S NATURAL HEALTH
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Children’s Health | Melbourne Naturopath
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…