12 Nov Selenium For Children’s Natural Health
Minerals are naturally occurring substances found in soil and rocks. They are essential nutrients required to carry out key functions each day for your child’s optimal health. We get minerals from our diet when we eat plant foods that have absorbed the nutrients directly from the soil. Minerals are also found in meat from plant-grazing animals.
If a growing child is deprived of any one of the important minerals, various functions may be impaired and therefore a contributing and underlying factor in many common childhood illnesses
Minerals play the following roles in Children’s Health
- ✅ Bone and teeth health
- ✅ Energy production
- ✅ Nerve and muscle function
- ✅ Immune health
Minerals can be depleted in food
- ✅ When produce is grown in poor top soils, which are naturally low in minerals.
- ✅ If fruit and vegetables are not allowed to ripen on the vine; this being the critical stage when minerals are released into food.
- ✅ When fresh produce is stored for extended periods before it reaches the supermarket shelves.
- ✅ If the minerals get bound up in the chemicals stored in the top soils and not released into the food.
SELENIUM FOR KIDS HEALTH
Selenium is a key nutrient for robust immune health to help fight against bacterial and viral infections.
It plays a vital role in thyroid health to support healthy weight.
Selenium has antioxidant properties that protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. It also impacts the health of the nervous system and therefore supports moods. Selenium fights inflammation and is also implicated in DNA production.
Where Healthy Kids Can Source Selenium
- ✅ Eggs
- ✅ Cheese
- ✅ Mushrooms
- ✅ Oats
- ✅ Brazil nuts
- ✅ Chicken
- ✅ Beef
- ✅ Pork
- ✅ Wheat
- ✅ Tuna
- ✅ Oysters
- ✅ Whole grain rye
- ✅ Sunflower seeds
- ✅ Salmon
- ✅ Brown rice
- ✅ Turkey
- ✅ Shrimps
- ✅ Prawns
- ✅ Crabs
- ✅ Soya beans
- ✅ Hair loss
- ✅ Skin and fingernail discolouration
- ✅ Poor immunity
- ✅ Brain fog
- ✅ Difficulty concentrating
- ✅ Constant tiredness
- ✅ Fatigue
Brisbane Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Brisbane
Adelaide Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Adelaide
Sydney Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Sydney
Perth Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Perth
Kids Nutritionist | Children’s Nutritionist | Baby Nutritionist