05 Aug Home-Made Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
try this CHildren’s Nutritionist Approved Recipe
- 3 cups raw or roasted unsalted hazelnuts
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup dairy-free dark chocolate (chopped // see notes for cacao version)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and add hazelnuts to a baking sheet in a single layer. If raw, roast for a total of 12-15 minutes. If already roasted, roast for 8-10 minutes just to warm the natural oils and loosen the skins. This will make it easier to blend into butter.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Then transfer to a large kitchen towel and use your hands to roll the nuts around and remove most of the skins (see photo). You want to get as much as possible off because it yields a creamier Nutella. But it doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Leaving excess skin behind, add hazelnuts to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend on low until a butter is formed – about 8-10 minutes total – scraping down sides as needed.
- In the meantime, heat the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments. Set aside.
- Once the hazelnut butter is creamy and smooth, add the vanilla and salt and blend well. Then add melted chocolate a little at a time and blend again until well incorporated. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt or vanilla if desired.
- If your Nutella isn’t sweet enough, add stevia to taste, or 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup or agave (amount as original recipe is written). NOTE: Just know the more liquid sweetener you add the firmer/stiffer the Nutella will get, so add sparingly.
- Transfer to a clean jar and store at room temperature for everyday use for 2-3 weeks or more.
Children’s Health – Online Learning Class
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
Every mother aspires for their child to be the healthiest and happiest version of themselves possible. This class will help you achieve this goal by providing a treasure trove of valuable information founded on naturopathic principles coupled with the latest scientific research. This class will benefit your child if they are suffering from an illness you are having trouble managing or you wish to defend your child from developing a condition in the first place. To learn more on the courses section..
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause of common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅ Build a robust immune function.
- ✅ Support optimal brain function.
- ✅ Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅ Natural medicine recommendations.
- ✅ I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
- ✅ Plus much more…
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH FIONA STOCK – A TRUSTED MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
To make a natural therapies appointment with Fiona Stock, paediatric naturopath in Melbourne, Email email@example.com to book a consultation at her health and wellness clinic to assist you and your child on the journey to better children’s health.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.