06 Jan Heal The Skin From Within
|The Gut and the Skin are Akin. The Cornerstone of Radiant Skin is Good Gut Health.|
Heal the Gut to Heal the Skin
The skin is the body’s largest vital organ and accounts for approximately 15% of total body weight. If your child suffers from a skin condition such as eczema, rashes, pimples, dermatitis or acne, these are all typical signs of something else going on in their body.
You may not realise there is a direct link between the health of your child’s gut and their skin and this is called the Gut-Skin Axis.
If the gut is inflamed, leaky and not functioning at its best, this can negatively undermine the health of your child’s skin. Skin conditions such as eczema and rashes are often immune system problems caused by a leaky-gut and an imbalance in friendly bacteria in either the gut, skin or both.
Repairing your child’s gut wall and nourishing their friendly bacteria is an essential step to improve skin health. Once healed, you will notice improvements in your child’s skin that will range from general relief of the symptom to a complete resolution of their condition.
Healthy Gut = Healthy Skin
If your child suffers from itchy, scratchy skin that may be scaly or weeping, they are not alone because chronic skin conditions impact approximately 20 percent of children. This list covers the most common factors that determine the health of your child’s skin.
Common Triggers for Skin Conditions include:
- ✅ Leaky-gut
- ✅ Constipation
- ✅ A diet high in processed food
- ✅ Food Intolerances – especially to dairy, wheat and gluten.
- ✅ Food Allergies
- ✅ Nutritional deficiencies (skin healing nutrients include A, D and K2, zinc and omega-3 essential fatty acids)
- ✅ Stress – Emotional
- ✅ Topical reactions to skin care products.
Signs & Symptoms of Skin Conditions include:
- ✅ Dry, red, inflamed skin lesions that appear on face, neck trunk and particularly flexures of elbows and knees.
- ✅ Itching and/or oozing lesions.
- ✅ Crusting of the skin.
- ✅ Blistering of the skin, particularly on hands and feet.
- ✅ Skin can become wet and weepy if it gets infected.
Remedies to Boost Skin Health include:
- ✅ Avoid chemical exposure from soaps, detergents and perfumed products of the skin.
- ✅ Increase your child’s intake of fresh vegetables.
- ✅ Increase your child’s intake of essential fatty acids (fish, nuts and seeds).
- ✅ Become a food detective and look for food allergies and food intolerances. Identify reactive foods and eliminate them from their diet.
- ✅ Exposing the affected area to early morning sunlight may help to alleviate eczema due to the UV-B component of sunlight.
Naturopathy Can Help With the following childhood conditions
Fiona provides tailored health plans based on a multitude of factors relevant to your child’s symptomology (how they are feeling), pathology (how their body is responding), plus dietary and lifestyle factors.
- ✅ Digestive complaints – constipation, diarrhoea, loose stools, pain or bloating
- ✅ Allergies and allergic conditions – such as asthma, eczema or hayfever
- ✅ Poor Immunity – recurring colds or ear infections
- ✅ Skin Conditions – rashes, eczema, acne, pimples or allergic reactions
- ✅ Moods – anxiety, depression or mood swings
- ✅ Food Intolerances – identifying food reactions
- ✅ Food Allergies – identifying food reactions
- ✅ Growth and development issues – fussy eaters or nutritional malabsorption
- ✅ Behavioural challenges – ADHD or others
- ✅ Energy – poor energy or chronic fatigue
- ✅ Picky Eaters – fussy eaters
- ✅ Sleep – trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
What happens in a consultation
During your consultation, Fiona will seek information about your pregnancy, birth and post birth experiences. This will provide an integrated view to give a full picture of the foundations of your child’s health status. You can expect to leave your consultation with a thorough understanding of the potential contributing factors of the presenting symptoms.
Fiona will provide you with a comprehensive treatment plan that incorporates possible herbal/nutritional medicine, dietary/lifestyle recommendations, recipes and handouts. Plus an overview of the consultation so you feel empowered to care for your child’s wellbeing with Fiona’s guidance.
At The Children’s Naturopath, Fiona Stock an expert in childhood health, she understands children’s needs and considers working with kids and teens to be an absolute joy. She finds that children typically respond to naturopathic treatment very well – bouncing back to good health in no time. And she treasures the opportunity she has to teach kids about their bodies and engage them in their health journey, setting them up with strong foundations and knowledge for life.
Meet Fiona Stock
Fiona is skilled at getting to the heart of childhood health challenges – helping to initiate lasting change.
- ✅Poor Immunity
- ✅Poor Focus & Concentration
- ✅ Behavioural Problems
- ✅ ADHD
- ✅ Depression
- ✅ Anxiety
- ✅ Food Allergies
- ✅ Food Intolerances
- ✅ Constipation
- ✅ Diarrhoea
- ✅ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- ✅ Tummy Pain
- ✅ Eczema
- ✅ Asthma
- ✅ Obesity
- ✅ Auto-Immune Disease
- ✅ Recurring Infections
- ✅ Fussy Eaters
- ✅ Sleep Issues
- ✅ Plus many more…
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact email@example.com. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Healthy Kids | Children’s Health Class
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…