18 Sep French Toast For Kids Health
French toast is a great way to disguise eggs if your child doesn’t like eating them on their own. Eggs are high in vitamin D which supports a robust children’s immune system making them an excellent choice to include in your healthy children’s meals. Buy organic or free-range eggs if possible.
- 1 slice of gluten-free wholemeal bread
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- Heat a small amount of butter in a frying pan.
- Beat the egg in a shallow dish.
- Dip the bread into the mixture and cover both sides thoroughly with the mixture.
- Let the excess mixture drip off the bread.
- Place the bread in the frying pan for a few minutes on each side until golden.
Fiona’s Tip: This recipe is best using slightly stale bread because it drinks up more of the egg mixture. Leave the bread soaking in the egg mix for 5 to 10 minutes for best results.