27 Sep Zucchini Fritters For Healthy Kids
If you are struggling to get vegies into your child’s diet, this recipe is a great way to sneak them in. Even fussy kids will enjoy these tasty fritters.
- 2 zucchinis (courgettes), grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 leek, white part only finely sliced
- 150gm feta, crumbled
- 3 free-range eggs, beaten
- ½ cup almond meal or wholemeal flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Olive oil or Coconut oil for shallow frying
- Freshly cracked pepper and sea salt, to taste
- In a saucepan, sauté the leek for 5 minutes until cooked.
- Using a clean tea towel, squeeze the liquid from the zucchini, this helps the fritters to hold together.
- Combine the leek, zucchini, and carrot and add the beaten eggs and mix thoroughly. Add the almond meal/flour, baking powder, salt and pepper and stir together.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup or spoonful’s of mixture into the pan and flatten with a spatula to form the fritter, cook 3 or 4 at once for until golden, turning the fritter to cook the other side. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Makes: 4 fritters
Children’s Health Tip:
Leeks are mild tasting members of the onion family and very beneficial to gut health by supporting the friendly bacteria.
Recipe created by Fiona Stock, Children’s Naturopath for Healthy Kids – Naturopath in Melbourne.
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Children’s Health | Melbourne Naturopath
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.