07 Nov Copper For Children’s Natural Health
Minerals are naturally occurring substances found in soil and rocks. They are essential nutrients required to carry out key functions each day for your child’s optimal health. We get minerals from our diet when we eat plant foods that have absorbed the nutrients directly from the soil. Minerals are also found in meat from plant-grazing animals.
If a growing child is deprived of any one of the important minerals, various functions may be impaired and therefore a contributing and underlying factor in many common childhood illnesses
Minerals play the following roles in Children’s Health
- ✅ Bone and teeth health
- ✅ Energy production
- ✅ Nerve and muscle function
- ✅ Immune health
Minerals can be depleted in food
- ✅ When produce is grown in poor top soils, which are naturally low in minerals.
- ✅ If fruit and vegetables are not allowed to ripen on the vine; this being the critical stage when minerals are released into food.
- ✅ When fresh produce is stored for extended periods before it reaches the supermarket shelves.
- ✅ If the minerals get bound up in the chemicals stored in the top soils and not released into the food.
Copper – Kids Health Benefits
Copper helps with the formation of collagen and increases the absorption of iron and therefore plays a vital role in your child’s energy production.
Copper is necessary for proper cognitive function and supporting neurodevelopment and growth. Copper is also required for healthy immune function.
Food Sources of Copper for children’s health
- ✅ Beef liver
- ✅ Sunflower seeds
- ✅ Lentils
- ✅ Almonds
- ✅ Dried apricots
- ✅ Dark chocolate
- ✅ Blackstrap molasses
- ✅ Asparagus
- ✅ Mushrooms
- ✅ Turnip greens
Deficiency signs for Healthy Children
No adverse effects have been reported by normal dietary consumption of copper.
Both a deficiency and excess can cause problems. Deficiency can damage brain tissue Excess copper; oxidative damage to brain tissue.
Brisbane Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Brisbane
Adelaide Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Adelaide
Sydney Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Sydney
Perth Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Perth