07 Nov Chromium For Children’s Natural Health
Minerals are naturally occurring substances found in soil and rocks. They are essential nutrients required to carry out key functions each day for your child’s optimal health. We get minerals from our diet when we eat plant foods that have absorbed the nutrients directly from the soil. Minerals are also found in meat from plant-grazing animals.
If a growing child is deprived of any one of the important minerals, various functions may be impaired and therefore a contributing and underlying factor in many common childhood illnesses
Minerals play the following roles in Children’s Health
- ✅ Bone and teeth health
- ✅ Energy production
- ✅ Nerve and muscle function
- ✅ Immune health
Minerals can be depleted in food
- ✅ When produce is grown in poor top soils, which are naturally low in minerals.
- ✅ If fruit and vegetables are not allowed to ripen on the vine; this being the critical stage when minerals are released into food.
- ✅ When fresh produce is stored for extended periods before it reaches the supermarket shelves.
- ✅ If the minerals get bound up in the chemicals stored in the top soils and not released into the food.
Kids Health Benefits
Chromium is an essential mineral and only very small amounts are required to benefit your child’s health. It plays a role in how insulin helps the body regulate blood sugar levels to avoid sugar highs followed by sugar slumps and general fatigue.
Food Sources of Chromium for Kids Health
- ✅ Brewer’s yeast
- ✅ Broccoli
- ✅ Eggs
- ✅ Sweet potato
- ✅ Corn
- ✅ Grass-fed beef
- ✅ Oats
Deficiency Signs for Kids Health
- ✅ Sudden or abrupt rise in anxiety levels
- ✅ Sudden decrease in energy levels
- ✅ Chronic fatigue