12 Oct Children’s Nutritionist – How To Remove Processed Food
Junk food is just about everywhere and the availability and convenience makes it difficult to avoid or limit. Follow our handy tips to help wean your child off highly processed food – Let the battle begin!
1. Clean out the pantry
Throw out all processed foods including chips, biscuits and sweets from your kitchen cupboards.
2. Replace processed food with healthier options
Get your cupboard and fridge whole food ready with a selection of healthy options your child will enjoy. (check out the pantry staples list blog coming up next)!
3. Get the whole family involved
Everyone in the family needs to be committed to a healthier lifestyle. It’s not fair if other family members are tucking into a packet of chips or other highly processed food. It’s all for one and one for all, or at least at home.
4. How to stop the sugar cravings
An important step to help reduce sugar cravings is to increase the protein portion your child eats at each meal – breakfast, lunch and dinner. Protein (lamb, chicken, beef, fish, full-fat dairy, legumes, eggs, nuts and seeds) will keep your child fuller for longer and help to stop slumps in blood sugar which leads to cravings. How much protein do they need at each meal? The thickness and size of the palm of their hand with each meal.
5. Don’t be afraid of a tantrum
There will more than likely be a power struggle when you remove processed food from their diet. This is normal because these foods are highly addictive. As the toxins leave their body there will be some emotional ups and downs as they withdraw from the chemical additives. If ‘healthy’ food is rejected at dinner and you give an ‘unhealthy’ snack before bed, you are losing the battle.
6. Make a list of their favourite foods
Make sure you have plenty of their favourite healthy food choices on hand.
7. Explain why you are making the changes
Tell them you are trying to help them be stronger, happier and healthier.
Naturopathy Can Help With the following childhood conditions
Fiona provides tailored health plans based on a multitude of factors relevant to your child’s symptomology (how they are feeling), pathology (how their body is responding), plus dietary and lifestyle factors.
- ✅ Digestive complaints – constipation, diarrhoea, loose stools, pain or bloating
- ✅ Allergies and allergic conditions – such as asthma, eczema or hayfever
- ✅ Poor Immunity – recurring colds or ear infections
- ✅ Skin Conditions – rashes, eczema, acne, pimples or allergic reactions
- ✅ Moods – anxiety, depression or mood swings
- ✅ Food Intolerances – identifying food reactions
- ✅ Food Allergies – identifying food reactions
- ✅ Growth and development issues – fussy eaters or nutritional malabsorption
- ✅ Behavioural challenges – ADHD or others
- ✅ Energy – poor energy or chronic fatigue
- ✅ Picky Eaters – fussy eaters
- ✅ Sleep – trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
What happens in a consultation
During your consultation, Fiona will seek information about your pregnancy, birth and post birth experiences. This will provide an integrated view to give a full picture of the foundations of your child’s health status. You can expect to leave your consultation with a thorough understanding of the potential contributing factors of the presenting symptoms. Fiona will provide you with a comprehensive treatment plan that incorporates possible herbal/nutritional medicine, dietary/lifestyle recommendations, recipes and handouts. Plus an overview of the consultation so you feel empowered to care for your child’s wellbeing with Fiona’s guidance. At The Children’s Naturopath, Fiona Stock an expert in childhood health, she understands children’s needs and considers working with kids and teens to be an absolute joy. She finds that children typically respond to naturopathic treatment very well – bouncing back to good health in no time. And she treasures the opportunity she has to teach kids about their bodies and engage them in their health journey, setting them up with strong foundations and knowledge for life.
Meet Fiona Stock
Fiona is skilled at getting to the heart of childhood health challenges – helping to initiate lasting change.
Fiona treats the following conditions:
- ✅Poor Immunity
- ✅Poor Focus & Concentration
- ✅ Behavioural Problems
- ✅ ADHD
- ✅ Depression
- ✅ Anxiety
- ✅ Food Allergies
- ✅ Food Intolerances
- ✅ Constipation
- ✅ Diarrhoea
- ✅ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- ✅ Tummy Pain
- ✅ Eczema
- ✅ Asthma
- ✅ Obesity
- ✅ Auto-Immune Disease
- ✅ Recurring Infections
- ✅ Fussy Eaters
- ✅ Sleep Issues
- ✅ Plus many more…
Online Learning | Children’s Health | Children’s Nutritionist
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.