12 Oct Children’s Nutritionist Approved – Mango Bars
Kids Health Benefits of Mango
- Mango is low in calories yet high in nutrients — particularly vitamin C, which aids immunity, iron absorption and growth and repair.
- Mango is a good source of folate, several B vitamins, as well as vitamins A, C, K and E — all of which help boost immunity.
- Mango has over a dozen different type of polyphenols, including mangiferin, which is especially powerful. Polyphenols function as antioxidants inside your body.
- Mango contains magnesium, potassium and the antioxidant mangiferin, which all support healthy heart function.
- 1½ cups rolled oats or “oat flakes” or quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup chopped medjool dates
- ¼ cup chopped dried mango
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blitz oats until coarsely ground (they don’t have to be finely ground. It’s okay if you see some bits). In a large bowl, combine ground oats and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add melted coconut oil and mix together. Add the banana mixture to the dry mixture and mix until combined. Fold in seeds, date, dried mango and chocolate chips. Place mixture into square baking dish and flatten with a spatula.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Cut into bars.
Keep in the fridge for up to one week, or freeze for up to 3 months.Makes 8 bars
Naturopathy Can Help With the following childhood conditions
Fiona provides tailored health plans based on a multitude of factors relevant to your child’s symptomology (how they are feeling), pathology (how their body is responding), plus dietary and lifestyle factors.
- ✅ Digestive complaints – constipation, diarrhoea, loose stools, pain or bloating
- ✅ Allergies and allergic conditions – such as asthma, eczema or hayfever
- ✅ Poor Immunity – recurring colds or ear infections
- ✅ Skin Conditions – rashes, eczema, acne, pimples or allergic reactions
- ✅ Moods – anxiety, depression or mood swings
- ✅ Food Intolerances – identifying food reactions
- ✅ Food Allergies – identifying food reactions
- ✅ Growth and development issues – fussy eaters or nutritional malabsorption
- ✅ Behavioural challenges – ADHD or others
- ✅ Energy – poor energy or chronic fatigue
- ✅ Picky Eaters – fussy eaters
- ✅ Sleep – trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
What happens in a consultationDuring your consultation, Fiona will seek information about your pregnancy, birth and post birth experiences. This will provide an integrated view to give a full picture of the foundations of your child’s health status. You can expect to leave your consultation with a thorough understanding of the potential contributing factors of the presenting symptoms. Fiona will provide you with a comprehensive treatment plan that incorporates possible herbal/nutritional medicine, dietary/lifestyle recommendations, recipes and handouts. Plus an overview of the consultation so you feel empowered to care for your child’s wellbeing with Fiona’s guidance. At The Children’s Naturopath, Fiona Stock an expert in childhood health, she understands children’s needs and considers working with kids and teens to be an absolute joy. She finds that children typically respond to naturopathic treatment very well – bouncing back to good health in no time. And she treasures the opportunity she has to teach kids about their bodies and engage them in their health journey, setting them up with strong foundations and knowledge for life.
Meet Fiona Stock
Fiona is skilled at getting to the heart of childhood health challenges – helping to initiate lasting change.
Fiona Stock is a respected Paediatric Naturopath & Children’s Nutritionist with a career spanning over 23 years. Armed with an abundance of experience and a true desire to transform your child’s health, she’ll listen closely to understand the underlying causes of their troubling condition. Fiona gets to the heart of your child’s presenting symptoms by deciphering what their body is trying to tell you. She will suggest simple and specific changes as well as herbal or nutritional medicine where required to nurture and restore your child, so they can enjoy the good health they deserve. Deeply compassionate and highly skilled, either of the Naturopathic Consultation Options with Fiona is a wonderful investment in your child’s health. If you’ve tried everything and are yet to find solutions to your child’s health challenges – this could well be the path to take.
Fiona treats the following conditions:
- ✅Poor Immunity
- ✅Poor Focus & Concentration
- ✅ Behavioural Problems
- ✅ ADHD
- ✅ Depression
- ✅ Anxiety
- ✅ Food Allergies
- ✅ Food Intolerances
- ✅ Constipation
- ✅ Diarrhoea
- ✅ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- ✅ Tummy Pain
- ✅ Eczema
- ✅ Asthma
- ✅ Obesity
- ✅ Auto-Immune Disease
- ✅ Recurring Infections
- ✅ Fussy Eaters
- ✅ Sleep Issues
- ✅ Plus many more…