01 Apr Strawberry Gummies
Recipe to Support Children’s Health
These fruity delights are awesome for children’s gut health to support happy moods, healthy children’s immunity and energy levels.
4 tablespoons grass-fed gelatine
1/3 cup water
1 punnet strawberries
¾ cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons rice malt syrup
3 capsules of probiotics (broken open)
- Puree the strawberries using either a stick/immersion blender or small food processor and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the water and gelatine and whisk until dissolved.
- Mix the pureed strawberries, vanilla extract, rice malt syrup and coconut milk together in a saucepan and bring the mix to nearly boiling point (don’t
- The gelatine mix may have begun to set, if so, mix it with a folk to break it up so it dissolves when the hot mix is added.
- Pour the strawberry puree mix over the gelatine and combine until there are no lumps. (If you notice clumping, gently reheat the mixture again and
keep whisking until smooth).
- Pour into either your gummy mould, ice-cube tray or flat dish (no need to grease).
- If adding probiotic powder, leave the gummies to cool for 10 minutes and sprinkle with probiotic powder from the capsules and then refrigerate for 3
hours until set.
- Pop the gummies from their moulds and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.