13 Jul Essential Fatty Acids for Kids Health
Fun Facts of Essential Fatty Acids
- Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are beneficial fats, essential in maintaining good health.
- Since EFAs cannot be made in the body, they must be ingested daily, through diet and supplementation.
- There are two families of EFAs: omega-3 and omega-6. • Omega-3 EFAs are crucial to maintain optimal health.
- Small amounts of omega-6 EFAs are important for physiology.
- Excessive omega-6 EFAs may lead to increased inflammation and development of chronic disease.
- A Western diet is already typically higher in omega-6 EFAs, so focusing on adequate intake of omega-3 EFAs is important to guarantee good health.
How omega-3 essential fatty acids Boost Children’s Health
- EFAs are strong anti-inflammatories, useful in reducing pain and inflammation.
- They may provide temporary relief of joint stiffness, pain, inflammation, and swelling associated with rheumatism and osteoarthritis.
- EFAs are vital for maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system, healthy blood pressure, peripheral circulation and helping to protect against long-term disease.
- They are effective in lowering ‘bad’ cholesterol and triglyceride levels while increasing ‘healthy’ cholesterol levels. EFAs are important for enhancing memory, learning and brain development from infancy, and throughout adult life.
- Benefits of EFAs for the elderly include maintaining memory and protecting against dementia.
- EFA levels are often low in people who experience changes in mood and other mood related conditions.
- It has been shown that those with these conditions often feel better when they take omega-3 EFAs.
- EFAs ensure healthy brain and nervous system development in the developing foetus, as well as ongoing nutritional support for the mother during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Dry skin, hair and nails are a sign of omega-3 essential fatty acid deficiency.
- EFAs ensure that every single cell in your body is healthy and happy. With a flexible cell membrane, cells are able to receive vital nutrients, such as oxygen, and eliminate waste products effectively.
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN’S NATURAL HEALTH
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact email@example.com. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Children’s Health | Melbourne Naturopath
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…