06 Jul Chemical-Free Cleaning
Everyday cleaning products contain harsh chemicals that impose additional toxic burdens on your child’s health. Either choose an environmentally friendly brand or make your own at home. Baking soda and vinegar are effective ingredients to clean away dirt and grime.
Baking soda or bicarbonate of soda works as a safe and effective cleaning agent for stainless steel, glass, plastic, chrome and enamel surfaces and a deodoriser to neutralise odours in carpet, upholstery and fabrics. It’s safe to use around children to clean kitchen sinks, bathtubs, tiles, microwaves and kitchen surfaces. Baking soda can be dissolved in water to clean away dirt and grime or sprinkled onto a damp cloth where it acts as a mild abrasive and gentle scouring powder.
How to use baking soda
- ✅ To clean tile and vinyl floors, add ½ cup baking soda to a bucket of warm water; mop and rinse for clean and sparkling floors. Caution: don’t use on wooden floors.
- ✅ To keep the fridge clear of odours, leave an open box of baking soda in the fridge and replace every month.
- ✅ Apply baking soda to a clean damp cloth to wipe down stubborn dirt on bench tops.
- ✅ Add a cup of baking soda to the laundry to brighten the colour in clothes.
- ✅ Sprinkle soft toys with baking soda to refresh them; then shake off after 15 minutes.
Vinegar is a natural, non-toxic and inexpensive alternative to cleaning products that contain harsh chemicals. Its acidic nature makes it an efficient cleaner to remove grease, grime and sticky stuff from most surfaces, but its acidity can eat away and damage hardwood and stone floors.
how to make Chemical-free surface spray
This all-purpose spray cleans away grim without the harsh chemicals; use it to clean up spills on kitchen surfaces, oven tops and in the bathroom. The vinegar kills germs while the baking soda is a milk alkali and effective at dissolving dirt and grease.
- 1 large spray bottle
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Boiled water, cooled to room temperature
- 6 to 8 drops of essential oils of choice (eg lemon, tea-tree or eucalyptus)
- Add vinegar and baking soda to the empty spray bottle.
- Add water and essential oils, shake to combine.
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact email@example.com. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Children’s Health | Melbourne Naturopath
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…