18 Sep Breakfast Muesli Biscuits – For Children’s Natural Health
Posted at 09:07h
by Fiona Stock
Who says you can’t have biscuits for breakfast!
These nutritious gut friendly ingredients are a bowl of goodness made into delicious biscuits the whole family will love.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup coconut, shredded or desiccated
- 2/3 cup good quality honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried fruit (sultanas, currents, apricots or goji berries)
- 1/3 cup seeds (pumpkin, sesame or sunflower)
- ½ cup coconut oil or olive oil, lightly flavoured
- Preheat oven to 180oC (350oF) and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Add all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Scoop up a portion using a tablespoon and using your hands roll into balls. Place the balls onto the baking trays and slightly flatten each biscuit.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown. Allow to slightly warm on baking trays before gently moving to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days for freeze for up to 3 months.
Fiona’s Tip: These nutritious biscuits can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
Recipe created by Fiona Stock, Children’s Naturopath for Healthy Kids – Naturopath in Melbourne.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.