06 Feb Chicken Livers with Pumpkin Purée
Recipe to Support Children’s Health
Suitable from 6+ months
Chicken livers are a nutritious source of iron to benefit baby health (required for children’s brain development), zinc (for children’s immune function),
vitamin B12 and folic acid (children’s neurological development), and vitamin A (general healthy baby organ development).
200gm chicken livers
½ cup milk of choice
500gm pumpkin, cubed
- In a small bowl, stand soak the livers in the milk for 30 minutes, drain and discard the milk.
- Cut the lobes of the liver into halves.
- Roast, boil or steam the pumpkin until tender.
- In a frying pan, add some olive oil and cook the livers over medium heat until cooked through.
- Cool slightly before blending the livers and pumpkin until smooth.
Makes: 2 cups
Healthy Baby Tip: You can safely store this purée, covered, in the fridge for 1 to 2 days. Alternatively, freeze leftovers in 1 tablespoon portion sizes in icecube trays, covered for 1 month.
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Healthy Baby | Children’s Health Class
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.