27 Sep Zucchini Noodles For Healthy Kids
Zucchini noodles are long and delicate and will help to curb the craving for traditional wheat pasta, especially when paired with your sauce of choice and the options are endless. Zucchini is packed with nutrients to support healthy kids including the B vitamins to support energy metabolism, Vitamins C and A, potassium, folate, and fibre.
- 4 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil, for frying
- Use a spiralizer to make the spaghetti or cut slices lengthways using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, stopping when you reach the seeds. Turn the zucchini over and continue to peel discarding the seeds.
- Slice the zucchini into thin strips to look like spaghetti.
- In a pan over a medium heat, add olive oil and sauté zucchini for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add water and cook until zucchini has softened and season with sea salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve with basil pesto, Bolognese or favourite sauce.
Children’s Health Tip:
It’s worthwhile investing in a spiralizer. Healthy Kids are more likely to eat food they prepare and making veggie noodles is great fun.
Recipe created by Fiona Stock, Children’s Naturopath for Healthy Kids – Naturopath in Melbourne.
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILD’S NATURAL HEALTH.
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Children’s Health | Melbourne Naturopath
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.