27 Sep Cottage Pies For Kids Health
This cottage pie recipe is such a great way to get additional vegies into your healthy child’s diet. You can use whatever veggies you have at hand.
- Quantity of Fibre Rich Bolognaise Sauce (see our recipe)
- Veggie Mash
- ½ cauliflower
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 potatoes or carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Milk of choice
- Heat oven to 180oC (350oF). Cut your vegetables of choice into chunks or florets.
- Using a pot of boiling water or a steamer, cook veggies until well cooked. (Cauliflower 10-15 minutes, sweet potato and potato 20-30 minutes).
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Either mash the vegies by hand or in a food processor. Add butter and enough milk to make the mash smooth and creamy.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- In either a family size dish or individual ramekins, fill the bottom with bolognaise sauce and top with the mashed vegetables.
- Bake in the oven until heated through and light brown.
Healthy Children Tip:
Fussy kids often don’t like vegetables and this dish is a great alternative to traditional roasted to steamed veggies.
Recipe created by Fiona Stock, Children’s Naturopath for Healthy Kids – Naturopath in Melbourne.
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Children’s Health | Melbourne Naturopath
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.