27 Sep Roast Chicken & Vegetables for Kids Health
Few foods are as versatile and rich as chicken meat. It can be cooked in an infinite number of ways and is appealing at any time of the year. Serve with your healthy children’s favourite roasted vegetables.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220oC and lightly grease a roasting dish. Place a wire rack into the roasting dish.
- Under cold running water, rinse out the cavity of the chicken and dry the outside using paper towels. Season the cavity with sea salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the juice from ½ the lemon over the chicken and rub it into the skin. Place both halves of the lemon into the cavity.
- Brush the entire chicken skin in olive oil and season with salt and pepper and place on the wire rack, breast side facing up.
- Roast for 1 hour or until juices are clear when the thigh is pierced with a skewer. Allow to rest for 10 minutes covered before carving.
Children’s Health Tip:
Freeze leftover chicken carcass to make gut restoring bone broths.
Recipe created by Fiona Stock, Children’s Naturopath for Healthy Kids – Naturopath in Melbourne.
FIONA STOCK | THE CHILDREN’S NATUROPATH | MELBOURNE NATUROPATH
MAKE A NATURAL THERAPIES APPOINTMENT TODAY TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILD’S HOLISTIC HEALTH.
To make an appointment with Fiona Stock, naturopath in Melbourne, Contact email@example.com. I’m here to assist you and your child on your journey to better children’s health.
Online Learning | Children’s Health | Melbourne Naturopath
Would you like a consultation with me at a fraction of the cost? My online learning classes are jam packed with more advice than I provide in a face-to-face appointment. It’s evidence-based naturopathic wisdom coupled with the latest scientific research on kids health I’ve successfully shared with clients over my 20+ year career.
I’ve also included cheatsheets, checklists, nourishing recipes and 25 page book of class notes.
You will learn:
- ✅ Understand the cause if common childhood conditions (eczema, poor immunity, food allergies, food intolerances, poor focus & concentration, ADHD, behavioural problems).
- ✅. Supporting immune function to help support allergic conditions.
- ✅. Support optimal brain function.
- ✅. Healthy Eating Plan – including portion size for each age-group.
- ✅. Natural medicine recommendations,
- ✅. Plus much more…
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.