25 May Children’s Nutritionist Approved – Spinach Bread
Posted at 09:54h in Recipes 0 Comments
Recipe by Melbourne Naturopath – Fiona Stock
- 500 grams buckwheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups roughly packed spinach, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 5 free range eggs
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 175 oC and line a bread-baking dish with baking paper.
- Combine buckwheat flour, salt, baking powder and bicarb soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Place eggs, milk, olive oil, chia seeds, collagen and apple cider vinegar in a mixing bowl and mix till well combined. Leave to sit for 5 minutes allowing chia to soak up the liquid and become gel like.
- Stir in finely chopped spinach and parsley along with pumpkin seeds. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture and combine well. The mixture should be similar to a cake batter consistency, so if it seems a little dry just add a touch of water.
- Pour bread mix into the baking dish and then place in the oven to bake for around 1 hour – 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out of the bread clean. Serve the bread fresh or toasted topped with your favourite toppings. Bread will keep best sliced and then frozen after 1 day.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.