22 Jul Chicken Pie for Kids Health
Posted at 08:50h in Recipes 0 Comments
- 2 leeks; sliced, washed, and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 500 ml milk of choice
- 100 ml bone broth or gluten-free chicken stock
- 4 chicken breasts, skin removed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas or corn; thawed
- 1 handful parsley; finely chopped, with extra to garnish
- Pinch sea salt
- 8 small potatoes, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter; melted
- Preheat oven to 180 oC
- Melt the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large saucepan set over a medium. Add the leeks with a pinch of salt cook for about 10 minutes until soft. Set cooked leeks aside on a plate.
- If needed wipe out the sauce and melt the remaining butter over medium heat, add the cornflour and whisk until bubbling but don’t let it brown. Gradually whisk in the milk and bone broth/stock and bring to a simmer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until mix thickens like gravy. If too thick, you can add more stock if required.
- Add the chicken, leeks, peas and parsley. Season to taste. Divide mix into individual baking dishes or one large dish.
- Finely slice the potatoes and arrange the potatoes on top of the filling and brush with melted butter.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown.
Brisbane Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Brisbane
Adelaide Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Adelaide
Sydney Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Sydney
Perth Child Naturopath | Children’s Naturopath Perth
Kids Nutritionist | Children’s Nutritionist | Baby Nutritionist
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.